12 July 2021
Recently, the SHCJ Obalende community, Lagos and Holy Child College S.W Ikoyi, jointly celebrated the 175th Anniversary of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. Eucharistic celebration was held in the school chapel. Other activities to mark the event were:
- Brief discussion by Sr. Mary Akinwale, SHCJ, on the foundation of the society and its spread to different parts of the world over time.
- Presentation of Debate by SS1 Students captioned ‘Married life is better than Religious life’.
- Poem recitation on the Venerable Cornelia Connelly and the Society of the Holy Child Jesus by JSS3 Students.
- Renditions of Spanish song which outlined the virtues and attributes of Venerable Cornelia Connelly stressing her total submission to God’s will and willingness to endure suffering by
- Energetic choreography display by JSS2 students.
- Drama presentation on the life of Cornelia depicting her as a mother, wife, teacher and founder of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus by SS2 students.
In attendance, were some SHCJ Associates, Holy Child sisters from Keffi Street community, some staff and students of Holy Child College, Ikoyi, Lagos. All present were thrilled by the entire package creatively presented. Glory be to God whose presence in our lives has enabled our Congregation to thrive.