Society of the Holy Child Jesus — American Province
The American Province currently has two openings — Assistant Treasurer and Director of Human Resources. See below for more details.
Assistant Treasurer/Staff Accountant
The Society of the Holy Child Jesus, which is an international congregation of religious women in the Catholic Church, has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Treasurer/Staff Accountant to support the Treasurer of the American Province in the following areas of responsibility:
- Oversight of the accounting system and audit preparation, car fleet maintenance, and property and liability insurance administration.
- Reconciling bank accounts to the accounting system, preparing monthly recording entries, and processing all income, accounts receivable, adjusting and audit journal entries.
- Assisting in budgeting and auditing preparation, banking management, filing multiple income tax returns, and preparing annual census report for the employee retirement plan.
- B.S. in Business or equivalent degree, previous accounting and general business experience required.
- Ability to show initiative, work independently or as part of a team, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and proven ability to meet deadlines. Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Proficient experience with MS Word, Excel and SAGE/MIP accounting software.
- Appreciation and support for the mission, vision, and values of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus.
We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package. Interested and qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (610) 525-2910.
Director of Human Resources
The Society of the Holy Child Jesus, which is an international congregation of religious women in the Catholic Church, is looking for an accomplished and highly motivated Human Resources professional committed to our mission, vision, and values to oversee and facilitate the processes and workflow of the Human Resources Department for the American Province. Key responsibilities include: Recruitment, Benefits Administration, Staff Development, Employee Relations, Compliance, Compensation, and Performance Management.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field of study with at least three 3-5 years of management level human resources generalist experience. Master’s degree and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional or HR-related certification is preferred. Knowledge of employment laws, conflict management skills, ability to conduct research, and effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects is a must. Ability to work well with all levels of management and employees, demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with HRIS programs are additional prerequisites. High degree of confidentiality is required.
We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax to: 610-525-2910.