ADVENT WEEKEND RECOLLECTION/RETREAT WITH INTERESTED YOUNG LADIES OF AJEGUNLE COMMUNITY
11TH – 13TH DECEMBER 2020. GUIDED BY SR DORIS GALI SHCJ.
THEME: THE INCARNATION (GOD AMONG US) Jn1:14.
Grace: “Ask God to give you that one single remembrance of His presence that unwraps all the windings of the heart and makes us true as He is true.” CC
The Young Ladies arrived in the evening of 11th December 2020 and joined in the community prayer and supper after which they gathered in the Chapel to begin the retreat with an introduction to the theme and grace of the retreat.
The recollection with the young ladies was fruitful and enriching as we looked and reflected on the following sub-themes;
- Incarnation as the presence of God made known to us in the scripture (Jn 1:14, Heb1: 2-3, Col 1:15, Col 2: 9).
- The Annunciation Lk 1: 26-38,
- The Visitation Lk 1: 39-45
- The Nativity Lk 2:1-20
- The seeds of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus by Judith A. Talvacchia from the booklet on Cornelia Connelly pg 21.
- The Spirit and Mission from our Constitutions para. 1-3
We also reflected on personal questions like;
- How can we make incarnation happen within us?
- How can we make God do to our souls what Mary allowed him do to her body so that we can be living ciborium carrying the Divine Eucharist? As adapted from Fulton J. Sheen, from His book “YOU”
- How can we visit and share with others the joy of the Incarnation like Mary?
- How can others like Elizabeth recognize the God in us?
The Ladies were very much aglow with the spirit during sharing sessions as they expressed their rich experience of the prayers, reflections, adoration and the atmosphere of silence.
As we concluded the retreat on the 13th morning after Mass with the closing ceremony of each lady lighting a candle after offering a prayer before the advent wreath, they expressed that they feel prepared to welcome the new born king at Christmas and beyond.