The Society of the Holy Child Jesus is passionate about stopping human trafficking and is one of the co-sponsors of Stop Trafficking!, a newsletter for religious congregations and organizations to promote awareness of human trafficking and to recommend actions to counter it.
In the June 2015 issue you will find:
- Exploitation of Female Migrant Domestic Workers in the United Arab Emirates
- Death Toll Rising Among Qatar’s 2022 World Cup Workers
- Qatar: Neglect of Domestic Workers
- “Migrant Workers’ Rights on Saadiyat Island in the United Arab Emirates: 2015 Progress Report”
- The Push to Assure Conflict-Free Minerals for Electronics Production
- Global Human Rights Advocates Call for Domestic Worker Reforms
The Real Price of a Cup of Tea
According to the newsletter, “Poverty wages on tea estates in Assam fuel a modern slave trade ensnaring thousands of young girls. A Guardian/Observer investigation followed the slave route from a tea estate owned by a consortium, including the owners of the best-selling Tetley brand, through to the homes of Delhi’s booming middle classes, exposing the reality of the 21st-century slave trade.”
Comments are closed.